LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Arsene Wenger believes Arsenal pair Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez are at the right club to progress as he attempts to tie them down to new deals.
- John Obi Mikel has warned his Chelsea team-mates not to fall for Jose Mourinho’s charm offensive on his return to Stamford Bridge.
- Arsenal striker Danny Welbeck is progressing well in his recovery from knee surgery and could be available as early as January, Arsene Wenger has confirmed.
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Kevin De Bruyne admitted it was a struggle to play in an unfamiliar role against Barcelona.
- Simon Mignolet isn’t prepared to admit defeat in the battle to be Liverpool No 1.
- Dejan Lovren believes Liverpool have proved they are “in the race” for the Premier League title as he insisted: “We have the quality to beat everyone.”
- Ronald Koeman admits Oumar Niasse still has little chance of a future at Everton – despite his hat-trick for the under-23s this week.
- Vurnon Anita admits that his stint at right-back is proving to be a learning curve with Newcastle United this season.
- Sunderland have been linked with Republic of Ireland internationals Robbie Brady and Shane Long.
- The Sunderland squad this week held clear-the air talks in the wake of the Stoke City defeat and shocking start to the season.
- Gabby Agbonlahor has been placed on a six-week fitness programme as Aston Villa try for the final time to get the best out of their long-serving forward.
- Gary Rowett has offered his backing to ‘honest’ Adam Legzdins after the keeper came under scrutiny in the win over Rotherham midweek – and has hinted he’s ready to keep him between the sticks.
EXPRESS & STAR
- West Brom boss Tony Pulis reckons a personal fitness programme was the best way forward for Saido Berahino after admitting the forward needed to be taken out of the firing line.
THE DAILY ECHO
- Claude Puel defended his rotation policy after Southampton were beaten by Inter Milan at the San Siro.
HULL DAILY MAIL
- Stoke City manager Mark Hughes has sympathy for former Man Utd team-mate Mike Phelan at Hull City.
- Owen Coyle has asked Blackburn officials to chase up a response from Ben Marshall’s agent over the winger’s decision on a new contract.
SOUTH WALES EVENING POST
- Bob Bradley has admitted Swansea City are in a relegation battle – but stressed he believes they have the quality to pull themselves out of trouble.
- Alan McCormack will serve a five-match suspension starting today after an FA misconduct charge against him was upheld.
- Nottingham Forest chairman and owner Fawaz Al Hasawi has been accused of suggesting all British managers are corrupt.
- Nottingham Forest captain Chris Cohen confirmed there has been a “small issue” over the payment of players’ wages, but insisted there was never any suggestion of going on strike.
- Cardiff boss Neil Warnock insists he has nothing to prove to Nottingham Forest after they snubbed him this summer, saying: “If I wanted to smile at everyone who turned me down over the years, I’d never stop smiling!”
- Blackpool boss Gary Bowyer says he has been impressed with the response of his players after revealing they were hauled in for extra training on their day off.
- Reading’s Joey van den Berg says he doesn’t care if fans get on the team’s back because of the way they play.
- Colchester United winger Brennan Dickenson has suffered a setback in his quest to return from a hamstring injury.
- Chris Wilder has urged Sheffield United’s players to keep their discipline at Bradford City tomorrow, despite warning football must never become a non-contact sport.
What the bookies say