‘The other room’ is the newest addition to Nigerians vocabulary. Since it was used by President Muhammadu Buhari, it has generated lots of debate. During a joint press briefing with German Chancellor Angela Merkel, Buhari while responding to a question about his wife, Aisha Buhari, said she belonged to his kitchen, living room and the other room. Many assumed that ‘the other room’ had more than an ordinary meaning and they just can’t stop using the phrase. As Nigerians continued to debate over the president’s comment, Aisha departed for Brussels, Belgium, to attend the Crans Montana African Women’s Forum. READ ALSO: 11 insanely funny memes about Aisha Buhari The first lady has shown that beyond belonging to her husband’s kitchen and ‘the other room’, she is a progressive businesswoman with a name to herself. 1. She wore a Salvatore Ferragamo cape which is said to have cost about $2,600 (N1.183 million).
1. She wore a Salvatore Ferragamo cape which is said to have cost about $2,600 (N1.183 million).
2. The first lady steps out in style.
Aisha Buhari walking majestically
3. She was a key speaker at the Crans Montana African Women’s Forum.
4. She received an award in Brussels which she dedicated the Nigerian soldiers fighting insurgency.
5. The first lady interacting with other participants.
Aisha smiles on as she interacts with with some officials in Belgium
6. Aisha with other women who are not restricted to the husband’s kitchen.
Would you love to belong to ‘the other room’?